[platform-swt-dev] Advanced Graphics

Hi,
I'm writing a SWT standalone application that need Advanced Graphics (for text rotation and alpha...).
I'm facing the following behaviour:
- when Canvas is repainted,  graphics works until a rotation is required, after any following GC.drawXXX() call are not rendered at screen.
- when I resize the shell contaning the canvas manually, all the drawing are rendered correctly (including rotated texts).
- for both cases event.gc.getAdvanced() return false (even is rotated text are rendered).
- If at start of paintControl() method I set event.gc.setAdvanced(true), all the painting are very slow.
- same kind of program inside an eclipse workbench does not have the rendering problem.

I'm using an IBM jre with/without -Xj9 option on a recent T60p (having DirectX9.0c)...

Is there any option I should use at program or jre launch ? any code I have to write to set my application to advanced graphics
when it starts ?

Any help is welcome !

Thanks,
Arnaud.

PS: my application Display is create using simple "new Display()", but I also tried Display.getDefault() and Display.getCurrent() which
 failed drawing advanced graphics too.

Back to the top