[platform-swt-dev] Project registration and SWT support

Hello,
My name is Hugo Corbucci and I'm a Brazilian computer science student.
In the past 6 months I've been developing a software with some friends using SWT 3.2.
The first thing is that I would like to register Archimedes (the software) to your site.
You can find Archimedes setup jar and source file at:
http://sf.net/projects/arquimedes
And other infos at:
http://archimedes.iv.fapesp.br/ (although this one had some security problems and we're rebuilding it)

I would also like to ask a few questions regarding printing in unix.
Archimedes is a CAD software for architects mainly. Therefore we need to print the generated drawing (which are in a great GLCanvas). We managed to print into some image files as jpg and bmp but we also need to print those images in physical printers and plotters in Windows and Linux (and MacOS but that's not a must for now). I'll start working on Windows as soon as possible but since we develop mainly under Linux I would like to know if there is a plan regarding printing in Linux.
What I could find on the Internet mentioned that the latest Eclipse version is already printing under GTK 2.10+ over Linux. I haven't found, however, any trace that SWT supported printing on linux any how so far. What could I do about it?

Another question is about vectorial files as postscript and pdf and svg. Researches haven't even started here but since I'm here I though it wouldn't hurt to ask if SWT has any plan to support any of those file format.

Thanks a lot for your time,
Hugo Corbucci

Back to the top