Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using classic theme in swt.browser on Linux / mozilla on windows

In terms of the Mozilla core, when you set the theme by opening the application, you're changing a setting in your profile chrome.js file.  This file is contained in your home folder and is actually never touched by the GRE browser widget when it is embedded in other applications.  And even if it were, other platforms wouldn't have the same file.

Not all platforms default Mozilla to the modern theme.  In fact, having tested on all the RedHat deviants, Mandrake, Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Knoppix and a couple others I can't remember now, almost all of them have the default theme for the GRE browser widget as classic.  Though, I have to admit that I'm surprised that you're getting different results on Ubuntu than I do.  Are you sure you haven't changed a config file somewhere?

This looks like something you'll have to hack around on a system-by-system basis.  And given how fragile a patch to the SWT source to fix this would be, I doubt it would be done.

Daniel