Re: [platform-swt-dev] force widget text to write message

Did you do the update() right after the setText()?

Questions like this are typically asked on eclipse.platform.swt.  If you provide a small stand alone example that shows the problem and post there, then someone will take a look at it.

Peter <scamatrallera@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/11/2006 07:20 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] force widget text to write message

I've tryed but it doesn't work...

thanks
Try calling Control.update().  It will force all outstanding paint events to be delivered before it returns.

Peter <scamatrallera@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by:
platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/10/2006 05:09 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <
platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] force widget text to write message

hi,
I have a sequence like this in main thread

//...
1) dialogText.setText("Updating Domain");
2) updateDomain(o);
3) domainTreeViewer.refresh();
//...

2) is a long operation and I want do display the message 1) before it
starts, however the message appear in the text widget only after the
end of operation 2)

How can I force the message to be written immediately?

Thanks and have a nice day!