Re: [platform-swt-dev] Auto scrolling for the ScrolledComposite

... and thanks for the contribution!

Steve Northover/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/07/2006 10:58 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Auto scrolling for the ScrolledComposite

Please enter a bug report and attach the code.

Gorkem Ercan <gercan@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/07/2006 08:35 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Auto scrolling for the ScrolledComposite

In the eRCP project we implement a subset of the SWT in the eSWT
component for mobile devices. As part of that, we would like to include
the ScrolledComposite in eSWT as well, but eSWT should be convenient to
use without a pointing device and with one hand (a typical mobile
phone).  The current implementation of ScrolledComposite works fine on
most cases for mobile devices, but if the focus changes to a control
that is not visible(via tabs on desktop or navi key on mobile)
ScrolledComposite does not scroll to reveal the focused control. For
eSWT we had implemented auto scrolling feature as part of our demo
application and now, due to its popularity, we would like to take
ScrolledComposite into eSWT . Of course with the auto scrolling. In
order to keep the compatability. we would like to contribute this
feature into SWT.

I would like to get SWT team's opinion on this feature that is very
important for eSWT.

Gorkem