[platform-swt-dev] Platform differences and documentation.

I noticed a bug today that had this quote in it from Grant Gayed:

"There is not currently a place where platform differences like this are listed, but these are being accumulated for a future document/article, so this has been noted."

Why are platform differences not listed directly in the Javadoc? This is where developers go for this type of information. I agree that a general article that summarizes these differences would be great for new developers or people evaluating the platform. However, static articles don't reflect changes in real time and in contexts that developers can use while coding.

A wiki with the current information would be a good start, with a long term goal of javadoc integration.

Eric

Back to the top