[platform-swt-dev] automate application without embedding

Is it possible using the swt api to automate applications without having to embed them in a Frame?  I would just like to create an instance of Internet Explorer and have it open up like normal and then control it.

Also when I try to create a OleClientSite with the ProgramID of "InternetExplorer.Application" instead of "Shell.Explorer"... I get the following error:

Create OleClientSite Errororg.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to create Ole Client. result = -2147221164

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks,

Brian

Back to the top