Re: [platform-swt-dev] Table with SWT.HIDE_SELECTION style

The SWT.FULL_SELECTION style is a hint that tells the operating sytem that in order to select an item from a table or tree, you can click anywhere in the row, not just in the first column.  On some platforms, such as GTK, the trees and tables always work this way.

The SWT.HIDE_SELECTION style is a hint that tells the operating system that when a tree or table loses focus, the selection should not be drawn.

Steve

Szymon Brandys <Szymon.Brandys@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/15/2006 04:33 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Table with SWT.HIDE_SELECTION style

Hi,

I need precise description about Table with the SWT.HIDE_SELECTION style.
I'm not sure how actually Table should act in this case.

When SWT.FULL_SELECTION is set I can change a row of the table clicking on
each cell of the row
and when row is selected, the row is highlighted.

When SWT.HIDE_SELECTION is set I can change a row only by clicking first
cell of the row, and only this first cell
is highlighted. It can be a bit confusing for the user.

I thought that in the HIDE_SELECTION mode highlighted should be switched
off and as in the FULL_SELECTION mode
row can be selected by clicking on any cell of the row.

--
Szymon Brandys