[platform-swt-dev] Widget Parent Event

I hate to email the developer mailing list since I know you guys have better things to do, but I really need to find an answer to this question and no one on eclipse.platform.swt knew the answer.

I need a way to be notified when a new Widget is parented on a specific Composite. Currently I'm using a delegate layout which wraps around the preexisting layout and fires an event whenever the layout() method is called if there are new children. Quite unfortunately, layout() is normally called only when the shell is first opened (and then as required after that). This means that I'm not actually getting the event when the widget is being parented. Is there a better workaround?

Thanks for your time,

Daniel

Back to the top