[platform-swt-dev] Re: License/GPL Question

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 00:56:00 -0500
From: Jake Poznanski <jakepoz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [platform-swt-dev] License/GPL Question
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,

I want to publish a program I have been working on under the GPL. It
is a Java program that uses SWT and JFace, which are licensed under
the EPL. I have heard that these two licenses are somewhat
incompatible. What is the best solution at this point? Should I
relicense my program under the EPL, or should I proceed with using the
GPL? The specific license is not really too important, it just must be
open-source and prevent commercial use.
GPL does not prevent commercial use.

What suggestions can anyone offer?

Thanks a lot!