Re: [platform-swt-dev] GTK Browser Problem

Mohsen Saboorian (mohsen_s@xxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> I've tried to run a simple SWT application (with Browser widget) on
> Eclipse 3.11 + WTP (GTK) "all in one" release, but give a number of
> errors and could not finally run it. I had installed
> mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-1.7.12-installer.tar.gz (available at
> mozilla.org) and set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to a proper locateion
> (/usr/local/mozilla).
> Browser gives me "[Mozilla GTK2 required (GTK1.2 detected)]", because
> it cannot find components/libwidget_gtk2.so on MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME.
> Mozilla 1.7.12 has components/libwidget_gtk.so instead. I tried this
> with mozilla 1.4 but it was also bundled with libwidget_gtk.so . When
> I rename libwidget_gtk.so with libwidget_gtk2.so, there is another
> error: XPCom error xyz.
> Please tell me exactly which mozilla release has libwidget_gtk2.so?
> Please also note that 1.7.12 is the latest release of Mozilla suite.
> My Linux distribution is SuSE (OSS) 10.0.

  From mozilla.org's download page, click on "other systems and
languages" and choose the Linux (x86), GTK2+Xft version of 1.7.12:

  http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.7.12/contrib/mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-1.7.12-gtk2+xft.tar.gz

  The mozilla suite that ships from modern distributions such as SuSE
and Red Hat is already built for GTK+ 2.

  -Billy

Back to the top