Dov

From: Carolyn MacLeod <Carolyn_MacLeod@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:26:28 -0500

Hi, Dov.

Get the shell using getShell() and then ask it for its children using
getChildren();
You will have to test each child to see if it is an instanceof Text. (I
assume you meant Text and not TextField).
If it is, cast it to Text, and send getText();

In future, please ask user questions on the swt newsgroup:

Have fun,
Carolyn

"Dov MORYUSEF" <moryusef@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/18/2006 06:25 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-swt-dev] how to get all the text components in a subclass     of
TitleAreaDialog ?

Hi to all,

First excuse my bad English ;-)

I'm developing a JFace/SWT application which consists on a main Frame with

menu and dialogs.

This application contains a general MyDialog class which extends
TitleAreaDialog class and all the dialogs herit of MyDialog class. Each
dialogs contains TextFields on which I would like to check, when user
clicks
OK,  a specific control. Instead of checking this control in every dialog
classes, I would like to check it only once in okPressed() method of
MyDialog class.

So, I would like to get in MyDialog class all of the TextFields (with text

values) components of the dialog.

Is there a way for doing that ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Dov