Re: [platform-swt-dev] Re: Re: How does one set the background on a Button with style SWT.PUSH or SWT.ARROW?

If what Colin says is true about it inheriting the background colour from
the parent, maybe a workaround would be to put the button in a parent
Composite and set the colour on that?

Nick

Lodewijk Pool <louis.pool@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/07/2006 06:43 PM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Re: Re: How does one set the background on a Button
with style SWT.PUSH or SWT.ARROW?

Thanks for your input Colin.

For the interim I have implemented a rather notso-elegant solution by
adding paintlistener to the button and then drawing a filled rectangle
across the whole button, by setting the alpha of the colour to about .5 I
achieve an affect that suits my needs well enough. This, however, does
require an explicit redraw request on a selection event since, for some
reason, the filled rectangle is removed whenever the button is pushed.

In the meantime I am still hoping that there is a better way of doing
this.

Regards,
platform-swt-dev mailing list
platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx