Re: [platform-swt-dev] getBounds method in Scrollbar class is missing

Sudhakar Pasupunuri 12/13/2005 01:00 AM

Steve Northover Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:30:33 -0500

Tom Roche 12/14/2005 02:18 PM

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/abbot/abbot.swt/src/org/eclipse/swt/widgets/SWTWorkarounds.java

>>> There may be other alternatives by now; try asking on
>>> java-gui-testing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Steve Northover Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:21:17 -0500
>> What do you need the bounds of a scroll bar for?

Dunno what Pasupunuri wants it for, but typically folks seeking
lightweight, non-platform-dependent programmatic test automation
need bounds of things in order to interact with them.

>> Will computeTrim() and computeSize() work for you instead?

Veronika Irvine Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:19:02 -0500
> Or getBounds() and getClientArea() on the widget that has the
> scrollbars?

I'm wondering: if the calls you recommend are equivalent, why not
just make ScrollBar.getBounds() call (one set of) them, and support
ScrollBar.getBounds() as API? Because all abbot.swt is trying to do
(at this point) is make API available to folks who are trying to
programmatically test SWT-based apps, so they can scratch their
itches and hopefully contribute fixes as needed/available. It's
strictly a volunteer/community effort.

Back to the top