Re: [platform-swt-dev] Develop the SWT library ...

Hi Guillaume,

If you check the project out of CVS and then look at all of the .classpath_* files, you will get an idea of how the project is organized. Follow this link for help: http://www.eclipse.org/swt/cvs.php

Please see this SWT design article: http://eclipse.org/articles/Article-SWT-Design-1/SWT-Design-1.html

>    What is the procedure to develop new additional SWT component from native existing plateform components ?

Please see the article on Creating your own widgets: http://eclipse.org/articles/Article-Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget/Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget.htm

You might want to first look at other sets of additional widgets before you start, for example:
"Additional Widgets" on http://www.eclipse.org/swt/community.php
http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/nebula/

Good luck,
Carolyn

guigui.dac@xxxxxxx
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/15/2005 03:53 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Develop the SWT library ...

Hello,

I am in the process of reusing the org.eclipse.swt in order to develop
additional UI components from existing additional .so/.dll native plateform
widgets.

Does anybody could give me a presentation of the org.eclipse.swt project. My
main questions are :
   How is the projet organized ?
   What is the mechanism of implementation of a SWT component from .dll/.so
widget ?
   What is the procedure to develop new additional SWT component from native
existing plateform components ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Guillaume LEFEBVRE