Re: [platform-swt-dev] getBounds method in Scrollbar class is missing

What do you need the bounds of a scroll bar for?  Will computeTrim() and computeSize() work for you instead?

Thomas L Roche <tlroche@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/14/2005 02:18 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] getBounds method in Scrollbar class is missing

Sudhakar Pasupunuri 12/13/2005 01:00 AM
>>> I am using "getBounds" method present in "ScrollBar" class. This
>>> class is present in package "org.eclipse.swt.widgets". I am not
>>> able to find this method in the latest IES.

Steve Northover Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:30:33 -0500
>> ScrollBar.getBounds() is neither public nor protected and is
>> therefore not API.

Indeed, alas.

>>> Is there any alternative method that I can use ?

E.g.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/abbot/abbot.swt/src/org/eclipse/swt/widgets/SWTWorkarounds.java
> public static Rectangle getBounds (ScrollBar scrollBar) {

There may be other alternatives by now; try asking on
java-gui-testing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx