Re: [platform-swt-dev] Extension to keyboard input in SWT

Yes, please go ahead and investigate this area.  Can you enter a bug report or find an existing one that describes the "unreliable when multiple keys are pressed" problem?

Martin Bosticky <mbosticky@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/10/2005 07:56 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Extension to keyboard input in SWT

Hi

I have noticed that currently it is not possible to inspect a keyboard state in SWT. I am writing a game and initially i have tried to use the KeyListener to interpret user input. However this is unreliable when multiple keys are pressed.

If i am correct, it would be possible to write JNI interface for windows, to use window API functions such as GetKeyboardState() and GetKeyState() to do what i need. I assume this could be similarly done for the other supported platforms. So a new keyboard user interface component could be added to SWT.

What do u think?

Martin.

--
Dr Martin Bosticky