Re: [platform-swt-dev] Newbie problem with default buttons

Snippet108 is a bit confusing because the default (Cancel) button doesn't have any behavior attached to it, so you have to watch closely when you press 'return'. The button really is being pressed. <g>
I have added a listener to both the cancel and ok buttons to make this more clear. Now both buttons will print their name to the console when selected... with either mouse or keyboard.
Get a new copy of Snippet108 (i.e. refresh your browser) and try it again.
Setting the default button does work on both Windows and Mac.
Carolyn

Marion Dickten <marion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/29/2005 10:06 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Newbie problem with default buttons

Hi,

I'm a newbie to SWT, and I've got a problem with default buttons. My
buttons always *look* like default buttons but they don't react to the
return key.
I used the snippet demo program Snippet108 supplied on
http://www.eclipse.org/swt/snippets/, and this, when run, behaves in
the same way.

I'm using eclipse on Mac OS 10.3.9, but my client, who runs the program
on a Win machine, says that his program exhibits exactly the same
behaviour.

Does anybody know anything about it?

Thanks,
Marion