[platform-swt-dev] Table and TableViewer

I'm doing some Table and TableViewer development as part of a Worksheet application. 1) How do I highlight rows/columns - or is this something I have to handle manually by iterating and changing the BG color of each cell?

2) if I want to make cells flash what is the best way to do this?
-Currently I have a Timer which has a HashMap of FlashRequsts(Table table, int col, int row) The Timer fires every 1000ms and then uses a asyncexec to iterate through the map and switch the colors. However on a really large system, 30,000-90,000 cells where only a small proportion are visible I'm wondering if I should add in a mechanism to determine if the cell is visible - especially as each flash request evaluates and expression to determine the cell should flash. In Jtable this mechanism is part of the render process where it only tries to render visible cells and it intercepts the renderer setting the correct bg color. If I should add this machanism, how would I do it?

3) This is really presnetation logic. If I'm going to extend the API for row/column highlighting and cell flashing; where is the correct place to add the methods. I have a Worksheet (The model), WorksheetContentProvider (IStructuredContentProvider), WorksheetLabelProvider (ITableLabelProvider) , WorksheetCellModifier (ICellModifier). I think I should extend the Table with methods I need - WorksheetTable - I can probably add the boolean isVisible(TableItem tableItem, int index) to determine if a cell is visible or not.

3) Is it possible to only render the cell grid for populated cells?

Thanks

Mark

Back to the top