Re: [platform-swt-dev] TreeColumn Labels have to be the same size?

This is a Microsoft Windows limitation.

Eric Zimmerman <eric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/03/2005 04:35 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject

Casey A Dugan wrote:

>I have changed my old TableViewer to a TreeViewer with TreeColumns. It has a
>ITreeContentProvider and an ITableLabelProvider. There are 2 columns, the first
>one should only have text, the second one only a very wide image.
>
>Here's the mystery:
>
>If I return a 1258 pixel image for the 2nd column image and a null image for the
>first column, the 1st column will resize to be 1258 (there are very short text
>labels...).
>
>If I return a 5 pixel wide image for the first column and a 1258 pixel wide
>image for the second column I get: a 5 pixel image for the first column and a 5
>pixel squashed version of my 1258 pixel image.
>
>Do label images for different columns in a Tree have to be the same size? Is
>there another way to display my tree with very large images to the right of
>each TreeItem (without squashing either...)? I've found other problems similar
>elsewhere on the internet but no one seemed to have an answer.Thanks!

I believe this is an underlying table limitation.  I have run into
problems with images in tables before.  It seems that the first image
you set is the the width your stuck with, as far as I can remember :-)
Maybe it's been fixed/changed in more recent swt updates??

Eric