[platform-swt-dev] GL Support in SWT. Why the paradigm shift?

Guys,

I noticed the new GLCanvas based OpenGL support in SWT.
I'm just curious as to why you changed from the more "orthogonal" GLContext-based OpenGL support, to the GLCanvas based one?
While it means less work for SWT/Fox (GLCanvas will map nicely to FXGLCanvas, it seems), and while I understand that using GL on Image is rarely a good idea because X11 pixmaps + GLX means software GL, the GLCanvas thing does not allow to draw with GL on arbitrary Composite/Canvas widget, as it used to be.

Regards,
Ivan

Back to the top