Re: [platform-swt-dev] External Browser

Peter Centgraf (peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx):

> Is there any chance that the support for external web browsers will
> get pushed down to SWT from UI?  This is a very handy bit of code.
> It is frustrating that Link is in SWT, but the obvious use for it
> requires the full RCP.  Thanks.
>
> P.S. I'm referring specifically to the org.eclipse.ui.browser package.

  Hi Peter,

  The SWT Program API should provide all of the support you need.
Program.findProgram("html") should return a web browser, and I think
even Program.launch("http://eclipse.org";) should work.  I know this API
can be improved so if there's something specific you need please file a
bug and we can talk about it there.

  -Billy

Back to the top