Re: [platform-swt-dev] WORD to SWT Canvas

tom tom wrote:

Hi,
Assume I have a word document with Images and texts,
I want to select evertything and paste it to a SWT
canvas, and want to get the same apperance with images
and texts ( same positioning).

Eventually I want to create a XML document from the
canvas.

Can somebody let me know whether this is facilitated
or is this possible.
Well....it looks like MS Word clip data contains all of the formatting information for pasting since I can paste a formatted page into a new word document and have it look exactly the same. If you can figure out what all of the information is in the clip data and translate it into an SWT canvas....it should work. The hard part would be figuring out what MS uses on the clipboard to contain the data. I am not really familiar with words setup but the open office project might have some public documents available.

Eric

Back to the top