Re: [platform-swt-dev] Architectural Details of SWT

There's a bit of overview doc in the eclipse Help system:
Help > Help Contents > Platform Plug-in Developer Guide > Programmer's Guide

Also, have you been to our recently-updated page: http://www.eclipse.org/swt/  ?
Under "Resources", "Books and Additional Documentation" you can find a few links to other overview-style doc.

All of the SWT articles on eclipse.org are still correct. The "Understanding Layouts" article needs updating to add some interesting new API, but it still accurately describes the basics of SWT layout.

Good luck,
Carolyn

Steve Northover/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/22/2005 07:10 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

Samir Kumar Mishra <samirmishra@xxxxxxxxx>, "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Architectural Details of SWT

Browsing the hierarchy in Eclipse can be very helpful in order to get an idea of who inherits from who.

The articles should still apply (we are API compatible) although we should publish a few more.  A good way to learn the API is to check out the snippets on the SWT home page.

Samir Kumar Mishra <samirmishra@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/22/2005 07:01 PM

Please respond to
Samir Kumar Mishra and "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Steve Northover/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Architectural Details of SWT

Steve,

In the same line I just thought if there is a Class Hierarchy diagram or chart available for SWT anywhere. I am coming from the idea what Borland has for Delphi. They do have the VCL class hierarchy published so if there is any such document for SWT it will be of great help. Java doc can serve the purpose to an extent but it does not give the entire SWT hierarchy.

Also I was looking the articles published on
Eclipse.org in SWT section. The articles are dated 2-4 yrs back. Is there any article which relates to SWT current version. I am sure most of the points made in the original article are either obsolete or improved over a period of time.

My 2.2 Cents (including GST)

Cheers :)
Samir Kumar Mishra
Tel: +61-403-747-809
Email:
samirmishra@xxxxxxxxx
Home:
http://samirmishra.tripod.com/
My Attitude in life is best described by my Blood Group.. B +ve.

On 9/23/05, Steve Northover <