[platform-swt-dev] Problem with Building SWT using MSVC 6 on XP

Hello All,
I am just trying to make a foray into the beautiful world of SWT and I am in need of help.
Have just downloaded the source and trying to make the JNI build ( the dll ).

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.1-200506271435/download.php?dropFile=swt-3.1-win32-win32-x86.zip

I am using the batch file provided with the source distribution to build. The compiler complains
that it cannot find the following header files :
          usp10.h
          uxtheme.h
Indeed, I dont see them provided along with my MSVC 6 distribution. Where do I find these files.
On googling for sometime , I understood that these files are used in the context of Windows XP
UI and downloaded Visual Studio service pack 6 in expectation MS might have distirubuted!
However , they are not to be found.

I did my bit of trying unsuccessfully even with MingW.

How  do you guys actually get to build SWT?

Thanks,

Kiran Kumar

Back to the top