Re: [platform-swt-dev] StyledTextContent

You should not be using different line delimiters, use getLineDelimiter().

This kind of question belongs to the swt newgroup,

Thanks
Felipe

Bahadır Yağan <bahadir.yagan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
16/08/2005 11:08 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] StyledTextContent

Hi,

While reading the DefaultContent implementation, I tried the situtation
that I described below using DefaultContent.
Here is the code:

styledText.append("test line1\r\n");
styledText.append("test line2\r");
styledText.append("\ntest line3\r\n");

The widget shows two line breaks between "test line2" and "test line3".
And if I try to delete that extra break(by user input):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument
not valid
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2926)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2865)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2836)
    at
org.eclipse.swt.custom.DefaultContent.replaceTextRange(DefaultContent.java:772)
    at
org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText.modifyContent(StyledText.java:5787)
    at
org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText.sendKeyEvent(StyledText.java:6625)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText.doDelete(StyledText.java:2688)
    at
org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText.invokeAction(StyledText.java:5671)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText.handleKey(StyledText.java:5102)
    at
org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText.handleKeyDown(StyledText.java:5124)
    at
org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText$7.handleEvent(StyledText.java:4857)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:867)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:852)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendKeyEvent(Widget.java:880)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendKeyEvent(Widget.java:876)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.wmKeyDown(Widget.java:1475)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_KEYDOWN(Control.java:3348)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:3067)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:3706)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:1656)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2711)
    at test.styledDeneme.main(styledDeneme.java:79)

should I enter a bugzilla report or is it my fault splitting the
delimiter?

Bahadir

Bahadır Yağan wrote:

> Thank you for your answers,
> I will check the DefaultContent class, but I am not sure that the
> JavaViewer example uses SytledTextContent implementation. I will also
> check it.
> Anyway I managed my implementation to get work yesterday after hours
> of debugging. The problem appeared to be the splitting of the
> delimiter. My data was coming from a socket and the delimiter (\r\n)
> is sometimes splitting in to two consecutive read() statements. (ie:
> one with ending \r, and next starting with \n)
>
> What is the correct behaviour for this situation? I solved it by
> deleting '\r' from the end of the fist read() and adding it in front
> of the next read().
>
> Thanks
> Bahadir
>

> Felipe Heidrich wrote:
>
>> Did you check:
>> org.eclipse.swt.custom.DefaultContent
>> It is a bit complicated but maybe it helps.
>> Felipe
>>

> Carolyn MacLeod wrote:
> Also, the JavaViewer example is a fairly simple example of using a
> StyledText.
> See org.eclipse.swt.examples.javaviewer in the eclipse example plugins
> zip.
> If you haven't downloaded the eclipse examples zip yet, then you can
> get it on the download page for the version of eclipse SDK you are
> using - just scroll down a little bit further and look for "Example
> Plug-ins". Unzip this right on to of your eclipse install, and just
> overwrite the 2 license files when prompted.
> Good luck,
> Carolyn

Bahadir Yagan
MHT Elektronik