Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] Cannot able to update TableItem dynamicallyfrom a thread written inside asyncexec Method

TableViewer and ResultAdapter are JFace classes, so you should ask your question on the JFace newsgroup: news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.platform

Alternatively, try using just raw SWT - perhaps try to replicate your problem starting with the SWT snippet below, and then you can ask your question on the SWT newsgroup: news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.platform.swt
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.swt.snippets/src/org/eclipse/swt/snippets/Snippet7.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Good luck,
Carolyn

"Muthu Velappan" <muthu.velappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/10/2005 01:25 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Cannot able to update TableItem dynamically from        a thread written inside asyncexec Method

Hi All,

I'm into the development of a pluging which monitors others system and updates its resources in the Table View.

I'm using a thread written inside aysncexec method which monitiors the system and gets the result from ResultAdapter class. Upto this everything works fine.

The problem occurs, when I try to update the result from ResultAdapter into Tableview. The result doesn't gets updated into TableView, It expects me to create one new column every time to update the new TableItem and the plugin hangs indefinetly because of the thread written inside the asyncexec method.

Can any one please help me on this stating how to proceed or where I'm going wrong.

Thanks in Advance

Muthu.

Muthu Velappan
Aspire Systems || India
Tel:+91-44-24610149

www.aspiresys.com

The Outsourced Product Development Company.™

This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message._______________________________________________
platform-swt-dev mailing list
platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx