Re: [platform-swt-dev] libswt.a

llanero writes:

 > I've been searching in the swt web pages and I can't find a static
 > version of the library. I would like to create a completely static
 > executable under windows. I'm currently using mingw. I have also tried
 > gcj for mingw (http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm), but the
 > executable depends on swt-win32-3054.dll.
 >
 > Can the swt team or any other developer provide a precompiled libawt.a
 > that includes swt.jar and swt-win32, so it can be used along gcj to
 > create static binaries that make use of swt?

I think the JNI linkage is done by opening libswt at runtime.
However, there do exist

    jint (JNICALL *RegisterNatives)
      (JNIEnv *env, jclass clazz, const JNINativeMethod *methods,
       jint nMethods);
    jint (JNICALL *UnregisterNatives)
      (JNIEnv *env, jclass clazz);

which allow you to register native methods that are statically linked,
so what you want to do is possible, at least in principle.  Whether
it's worth the effort I have no idea.

Andrew.

Back to the top