Re: [platform-swt-dev] Building SWT -- Instructions?

To run the JNI gen tool, you just need to load the "org.eclipse.swt.tools" from dev.eclipse.org
and run the JNIGeneratorAppUI. In the UI, you will be able to edit things like: type cast of
natives parameters and structure fields and specify some flags. The "Genereta All"
button generates all the auto-gen C files and a property file (org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.properties)
with the meta info.

Silenio

Peter Centgraf <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/2005 06:59 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Building SWT -- Instructions?

Don't worry about generating the natives - hand-hacked is fine for testing.
Just tell us which natives you need when you submit the feature and your java code to Bugzilla, and we will generate them with JNIGen when the patch goes in.

That's reasonable, but I was hoping that I could use the official build tools to help me stay in sync with your ongoing changes.  Keeping the stats file up-to-date, etc. is a major pain -- better to merge the true source rather than the generated content.  For the time being, I guess I'll stick with hand-merging.

I assume you do realize that nothing new is going in now until after 3.1 ships.

Yep.  That's why I'm digging in for a lot of local merging.  Any idea when the roadmap for beyond 3.1 will be public?

--
Peter Centgraf
Research Programmer,