Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS 10.4 Finder drag and drop development

Veronika Irvine wrote:

Thanks for investigating Eric. Please add your findings to the bug and I will have a look at it. Interacting with the Finder seems to be a bit of black magic - as noted in the Apple Documentation TN1085: "Dragging flavorTypeHFS data from your application to Finder has always supposed to have been possible. However, Finder bugs have prevented most applications from successfully using this feature." I will look again at the AppleEvent issue described in this tech note. Maybe there is new documentation with Tiger that will help.

I will see what I can do for you. First things first, I will get my hands on Tiger - still living in the Panther world myself.

You are correct...HFS seems very buggy, I would assume that is why tiger has dropped this type from finder transfers. I have posted the patches to the bug report and hopefully explained them enough through the comments and my additions to the bug report.

I think the biggest issue with DND from SWT has been the misuse of the itemRef number in AddDragItemFlavor. I am sure this has caused untold numbers of problems for people.

This article is also very important for the support of DND on the mac platform:

http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2022.html

Hope that helps,

Eric

Back to the top