Re: [platform-swt-dev] System-provided icon services

Good Afternoon Sir!

We would be obliged if you posted your patch :)

On 28-Apr-05, at 11:11 AM, Billy Biggs wrote:

  Hi,

We have written the appropriate code to integrate this with SWT, and
we wish to contribute it into the SWT code base. We do not know how
our source code best fits in to SWT through the eyes of the
powers-that-be; we even do not know if we are duplicating someone
else's efforts.  Specifically, where exactly should the Java code sit?
Program.java? A whole new class? We also understand that, at least in
the case of the aforementioned Bugzilla Bug, APIs are in flux but we
require this functionality today. We see 2 options before us:

A. Contribute our code into the SWT code base. End-users (this means
programmers) benefit from this functionality. The SWT cross-platform
yet native look-and-feel cause is furthered. We most desire this
approach. After learning where we can place our code without stepping
on peoples toes, shall we file an enhancement and attach our patch?

B. Keep the code to ourselves and distribute it with our software
separately.

  Contributing patches, even experimental ones, is always appreciated,
and bugzilla is the best place for posting and discussing code.  Of
course, you take the risk that the patch won't be accepted, or that
effort will be duplicated, but this is the price of collaborative
development :) I do have some patches for 79268 already, if you like I
can post mine on that bug...

  3.1 is near and adding API must be done carefully, so if you do have
specific product needs, you may have to ship your code with your product
in the short term.

  Thanks!!
  -Billy