[platform-swt-dev] How to use an external rendering context inside eclipse ?

Title: How to use an external rendering context inside eclipse ?

Hi,

I would like to know if it would be possible to render a device context inside an Eclipse view :

With SWT we can have an access to a platform specific device context, but the documentation says that it must not be used since the function shouldn't be public for application use.

I would like to integrate, inside a view, a little portion of windows rendered by another application, like openGL, or something else. In my opinion, this task will be a call to a platform specific function since the rendering context is different on each platform.

So, have you got an idea about how I could achieve this ?

Another solution is to have a shared portion of memory. The third party application can write into a memory buffer, and with SWT I can read inside this portion of memory to render it in a view. But I don't know how I could create or declare this portion of memory, and I'm a bit affraid that this solution will not be efficient for a fast rendering.

Thanks for your help

Nicolas ANTONIAZZI.