Re: [platform-swt-dev] Improvizing on Outlook Style Bar

Use a Toolbar.  By default, the text appears under the image but it can
also be placed to the right of the image by creating the toolbar with the
style SWT.RIGHT.
You can also get the little down arrows beside items to indicate that
there is an associated menu by creting the ToolItem with the style
SWT.DROP_DOWN.

In the future, please ask questions about the usage of SWT in the SWT
newsgroup:

"Shaffin Bhanji" <shaffin_bhanji@xxxxxxxx>
02/28/2005 09:07 AM
Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Improvizing on Outlook Style Bar

Hello All,

I am trying to implement a menu system to the left of my application
window.
The menu will contain two equal regions that when the user selects the
menu
item on the top region, the submenu will show on the bottom region. The
closest visual effect is almost a MS Outlook bar.

My requirement for the menu is to show a large image (128x128) and a text
(size 16) for each menu item, and a smaller image (64x64) and text (size
14)
for the submenu items. I started with using Buttons but they remain
deficient as they cannot render an image and text. I tried a Table but
when
rendering the Font, trying to select the item messes up the interface. I
also tried a List but to no luck as well.

Can someone suggest the Control(s)/Widget(s) that I can use to achieve my
UI. Thank you all in advance.
Shaffin.

Shaffin Bhanji