To: <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 8:13 AM
Subject: [platform-swt-dev] SWT vs AWT and the JFace package

hello,

I'm trying to establish the exact differences in capability concerning SWT vs AWT to determine if our company is or is not able to migrate from our java AWT to SWT. The area i am most interested in is the graphics2D in AWT which we use quite alot.

It's not that hard to find studies comparing SWT (+Jface) against Swing but the AWT vs SWT discussion seems much harder to locate.

A second question I had concerns the JFace package. Is the JFace package only usable with the Eclipse SDK? Or can I download the stand-alone package as I did with SWT?

Is there a full compatibility concerning these functions?

Thx in advance,
sincerely,
Jan Corbeels