Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT vs AWT and the JFace package

> I'm trying to establish the exact differences in capability concerning
> SWT vs AWT to determine if our company is or is not able to migrate from
> our java AWT to SWT. The area i am most interested in is the graphics2D
> in AWT which we use quite alot.

Take a look at the Advanced Graphics API, which appeared in SWT 3.1 M5.

> A second question I had concerns the JFace package. Is the JFace package
> only usable with the Eclipse SDK? Or can I download the stand-alone
> package as I did with SWT?

You cannot download a separate package, but AFAIK with little effort you can
easily separate the JFace jar from the rest of the Eclipse Platform Runtime.

-Ivan

Back to the top