[platform-swt-dev] Porting SWT to C++

I'm currently considering porting SWT to C++ with OSX, win32 & GTK as initial targets.

I have performed some preliminary investigations, and while
there's certainly a lot of work, it seems in the realm of the achievable, even
by a single person (though many, many month would be required :)

Does anyone on this list knows:

- whether any similar effort has been started?
- the legal implications (CPL at a minimum, what else)?
- what would be a proper mailing list to talk about it?
- whether anyone on this list would be interested?

The rationale for the port is that none of the so-called "cross-platform
UI widget toolikit" from Qt to WxWidgets seem to offer both native
target platform support and good quality screen rendering.

Besides this, the architecture of SWT looks really good, and that's an
opportunity not to be missed.

There are areas where using Java as the implementation device is
not acceptable for political, commercial or other reasons, and C++
becomes the only fall back position.

Any input appreciated.

Many thanks.
--