[platform-swt-dev] Long Running Process notification

>You can only access the Display from the main thread.

Please be careful here. main thread is incorrect.

You can only make gui calls in the thread that created the Display object.
additional threads MUST use Display.asyncExec() or some alternative method.

ie, in one of my applications I created a queue of operations that is
examined in the event polling loop,
and executed from there.  I created the gui window on a subthread (one for
each connecting client)

Sam

Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM Accessibility Center