Re: [platform-swt-dev] ManagedForm and Eclipse Standalone

ManagedForm isn't part of SWT. Try the eclipse.platform newsgroup.

Bob Foster

bs wrote:
Hi,
I am unsure where to post this question regarding ManagedForm.

I am sure this list will tell me where to do it, so next time
I will...

Meanwhile, here is the situation --

This is with Eclipse Standalone (not RCP)

1. I have a ScrolledForm placed in a tab item.
2. I create a ManagedForm for this scrolled form,
   into which I place a MasterDetailsBlock derived
   master, and register to it many details implementing
   IDetails.

Here is my problem:
1. If I have made any changes to the IDetails derived
   page, I call ManagedForm.dirtyStateChanged() to mark
   it as dirty.
2. Now, I want to do few things:
   a. I want to indicate on the tab with an '*' that this
      tab has been modified. I can somehow get to calling
      CTabFolder.setInsertMark() to do that.
      (Q) is that correct?

   b. When the tab is closed, I want the ManagedForm to
      commit all the dirty pages. I want this to work in
      cases like
      A. the tab being closed
      B. the application window being closed.

      (Q) How do I do this?

   c. During the commit validation, if I encounter an error,
      I want to pop a MessageBox, and after that, I want to
      somehow set the 'doit' to false.

      (Q) Since managed form does not have access to the
          CTabFolder, how do I do this?

thanks much!
bal