Re: [platform-swt-dev] PASSWORD style or Text.setEchoChar()?

I just checked the Javadoc for Text and it mentions SWT.PASSWORD.  Normally, the echo character overrides SWT.PASSWORD but some platforms don't allow you to set the character.  On these platforms, setEchoChar() and SWT.PASSWORD are equivalent.

<Yu.You@xxxxxxxxx>

12/03/2004 03:31 AM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] PASSWORD style or Text.setEchoChar()?

Hi,

SWT.java defines a "PASSWORD" style that is used for Text control. But Text.java does not mention the PASSWORD style at all. What happens when I use both PASSWORD style and setEchoChar()? which one has higher priority?

Regards,
Yu