[platform-swt-dev] Thead in SWT !

hello ,anynoe.
I have two problems.
I use this code :

   display.asyncExec (new Runnable () {
      public void run () {	//  do some I/O operation.
      }
   });

first problem :
I found when this Thread start , the main interface dosen't react to the
window operations
such as resize the window or click any buttons until the run() function
return !
what is wrong with the asyncExec(new Runnable()) ?

second problem :
I appends some strings to the Text of the Shell in the run() function ,
but the Strings
dosen't appear on the Text of the Shell until the run() function return
! I want once I append
a string to the Text , The String should be appear on the Text at once !
this is my code to append string to the Text :
text.append(str);
text.getShell().layout();
but it dosen't help !
what should I do ?