[platform-swt-dev] eclipse crash

Hi,
For some time now, I'm having problems with eclipse on linux using GTK. Basically, eclipse crashes. I can reproduce this very easily: in project explorer, expand the tree (projects,classes,sources,resource,etc.) so that the scroll bar appears. the ... scroll up & down using the mouse wheel. in 2 seconds, the cpu goes to 100% and eclipse is unresponsive. I have to kill it (ctrl-c works). During my research on this I have found that some-time ago there was a simmilar issue (a bug was filled in eclipse bugzilla). apparently is a GTK issue. I have tried various versions of eclipse (all after 3.0) they (lately) all behave the same. 3.1M1 runned fine for quite some time. So, I do believe is an GTK issue, but is still annoying. I'm running gentoo with gtk+-2.4.9-r1 and gtk+-1.2.10-r11 currently installed.
Do you know any workarounds this?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Sergiu.