From: platform-swt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-swt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carolyn MacLeod
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 10:31 AM
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] Embedding microsoft word inside an application

Hi, Kalman.

Try looking at this snippet:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.swt.snippets/src/org/eclipse/swt/snippets/Snippet157.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

For more info, read this article:
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-ActiveX%20Support%20in%20SWT/ActiveX%20Support%20in%20SWT.html

For other examples of using the ActiveX/OLE support in SWT, see http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-swt-home/dev.html#snippets

And for a complete example of embedding IE, download the eclipse example pulg-ins (they are on the same page that you downloaded eclipse from - just scroll down a bit more), restart eclipse with the -clean parameter, and go to Window -> Show View -> Other... SWT Examples -- OLE Web Browser.

In future, please ask for help on the SWT Newsgroup: news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.platform.swt

Good luck,
Carolyn

"Kalman" <kalman@xxxxxxxxx>

10/21/2004 09:07 AM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[platform-swt-dev] Embedding microsoft word inside an application

Hi, group.

I need to embed an OLE object in my application, namely a Microsoft word document. I need the user to type stuff in there and then be able to save it to the database. I would love to just simply use the Program class, but the problem with using it is that I totally lose control of what’s going on once word launches. Therefore, I guess the only way to do it is through OLE stuff.

Does anyone have a simple to follow example that works on windows XP? So, I need to have a regular Composite that say has a hyperlink that says Create Word Document, which then brings up word, allows the user to type stuff in and then saves the contents (probably as a byte array).

I heard that this behavior should be pretty straight forward with SWT, but so far have not seen any examples that actually work.

Thanx,

   - Kalman

Back to the top