Re: [platform-swt-dev] changes to IDocument outside of DocumentEvent documentChanged context arent shown

You should ask this question on the eclipse.platform newsgroup:

Bradley Schatz <bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/14/2004 04:03 AM
Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-swt-dev] changes to IDocument outside of DocumentEvent
documentChanged context arent shown

Hi,

>From within a IDocumentListener.documentChange event listener, how can I
tell the corresponding view that positions other than that refered to by
the DocumentEvent have also been changed?

ie. based on the DocumentEvent, I update the document by adding and
removing Positions within the offset and length of the DocumentEvent.
These changes are then reflected fine in the view. But if I do changes
to the document Positions that occurr outside of the offset & length,
the changes arent reflected.

Some background: I am currently attempting to write an custom eclipse
editor plugin. This is an editor for a custom xml variant language. My
customisation is to highlight various syntax portions differently. This
currently works.

Another part of this goal is to change the colouring of some syntax
elements, based on other syntax elements. In this case, as I edit a
regular expression string in the language, an example text string that
it should match should be automatically highlighted to reflect the
extent to which the regex matched. I have this working on
initialization, but I have problems when I edit the field.

Thanks for your help,

bradley