[platform-swt-dev] Internet Explorer in SWT example doesn't work

Hi there,

I have been following the examples to place internet explorere into an SWT frame. The example doesn't actually specify any specific need for the Canvas or Shell that it is embedded into,

here is my code so far (taken stratight from the example)

display = new Display();
mainShell = new Shell(display);
OleFrame oleFrame  = new OleFrame(mainShell, SWT.CENTER);
OleControlSite controlSite = new OleControlSite(oleFrame, SWT.NONE, "Shell.Explorer");
OleAutomation automation = new OleAutomation(controlSite);
int[] rgdispid = automation.getIDsOfNames(new String[]{"Navigate"});
int dispIdMember = rgdispid[0];
Variant[] rgvarg = new Variant[1]; // this is the URL parameter
rgvarg[0] = new Variant("www.ibm.com");
Variant pVarResult = automation.invoke(dispIdMember, rgvarg);

mainShell.pack();
SWTUtils.center(mainShell);
mainShell.open();

now whether I  put  the navigate code

***
int[] rgdispid = automation.getIDsOfNames(new String[]{"Navigate"});
int dispIdMember = rgdispid[0];
Variant[] rgvarg = new Variant[1]; // this is the URL parameter
rgvarg[0] = new Variant("www.ibm.com");
Variant pVarResult = automation.invoke(dispIdMember, rgvarg);
***

before or after opening the shell, I still get a grey window about 50x50 pixels.

Nothing is displayed in it.

What am I doing wrong, I am sure it's simple, so be nice ;)

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Steve

Back to the top