[platform-swt-dev] Popup Question

I have an area where I am drawing custom graphics. Within this area I want to be able to hover over an X,Y location and display some sort of ToolTip / balloon / popup - anything would work. The display is purely informational, there is no need to be able to click on the popped up display.

Obviously I'm using a mouse listener and can catch the X,Y location and hovering - all I need to know how to do is popup this text. The awt.PopupMenu looks perfect since it has a show(Component, int x, int y) method but we don't have Components so I don't think I can use this.

All the ToolTip and other related SWT widgets I *BELIEVE* require me to tie down to a component, rather than just show this tiny 'window' at an X,Y location. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks.

--
-- Nathan

Back to the top