[platform-swt-dev] Proposal SWT to Eclipse Team

Hi Eclipse Team,

I study several area of SWT/JFace.

I found there is a lot of advantage.

With the wave of RCP everywhere.

I think this is better if SWT/JFace is decoupled from Eclipse.

let the project run by their self, and make us the developer that use SWT/JFace or RCP developer can have a freedom of this API.

I think make JFace and SWT directly compete with AWT/Swing is another advantage rather inside Eclipse.

Eclipse will focus to compete with Netbeans.

I see there will be a lot of new feature in SWT/JFace.

I think this is not good to make every Eclipse upgrade, the SWT is upgrade too.

I think this is good for developer like us.

our experience with 2.x and 3.x, I think decoupling is a good point.

this is just 2 cent idea from me.

Frans Thamura

Back to the top