Re: [platform-swt-dev] Override Painting of a Scales Thumb?

You can change the background color...  :)
Beyond that, anything else you do (even creating a GC on the Scale and drawing on that) is pretty much guaranteed to be platform-specific (although you could give it a try if you are feeling wild).

The platform-independent alternative is to roll your own. For an article on writing your own widgets, please see:
http://eclipse.org/articles/Article-Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget/Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget.htm

Carolyn

"Michael Purdy" <mpurdy@xxxxxxxxxxx>

08/26/2004 01:23 PM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Override Painting of a Scales Thumb?

I'm still very new to SWT and I'm trying to port an existing application
from Swing to SWT.  We have a JSlider in Swing in which we've overridden
the paint method to draw a custom thumb and background.  Is there a way
to do such a thing in SWT with a Scale?

Thanks for any help.
Michael