Re: [platform-swt-dev] Trouble instantiating ActiveX control under SWT

I tried this myself and was unsuccessful.  I am not sure what is wrong
here.  SWT uses OleCreate which seems to be failing in this case.  Please
enter a bug report against Platform SWT.

"Devon Berry" <dmindsi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
08/19/2004 02:22 PM
Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Trouble instantiating ActiveX control under SWT

I am using OleControlSite.  I even tried OleClientSite out of desperation
and neither worked.  The control works just fine under IE and the ActiveX
Control Test Container.  Any thoughts?  I really would like to get this
working, as Word has been pretty unruly as an ActiveX control, and my
client
is using IE 5.5, which isn't working as a proper inplace container for
Word.

Veronika Irvine <Veronika_Irvine@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    You are trying to create an ActiveX control therefore you should use
    OleControlSite. OleClientSite is only for OLE Documents - an ActiveX
    control supports different COM interfaces than an Ole Document..

    See:

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-ActiveX%20Support%20in%20SWT/ActiveX%20Support%20in%20SWT.html

    "Devon Berry"
    07/22/2004 01:19 PM
    Please respond to
    platform-swt-dev

    platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
    cc

    Subject
    [platform-swt-dev] Trouble instantiating ActiveX control under SWT

    Hello,

    I tried asking this question on the mailing list, but due to its
    complexity,
    I think this may be the best place to find an answer...

    I have an open source Office OLE Document container ActiveX control I
    downloaded from Microsoft's website:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311765

    I register the control with regsvr32 and it runs nicely under IE and
VB.
    However, when I try to instantiate the control under SWT using its
program

    ID, "DSOFramer.FramerControl", the constructor throws an exception:
Failed

    to create Ole Client. result = -2147467262 (No Such Interface
Supported).
    Stepping through the debugger, I see its the COM.OleCreate native call
    that
    is failing, returning this result.

    As a side note, I have not built and installed the type library (tlb)
for
    this control, as I do not have a Visual C++ install handy. The ocx is
    serving as its own type libarary, according to OleViewer.

    I tried downloading the SWT source code to look through the native
code,
    but
    I really am not a COM expert, and on top of that I am crippled without
    VC++
    . Any ideas?

    Devon