Re: [platform-swt-dev] Trouble instantiating ActiveX control under SWT

I am using OleControlSite. I even tried OleClientSite out of desperation and neither worked. The control works just fine under IE and the ActiveX Control Test Container. Any thoughts? I really would like to get this working, as Word has been pretty unruly as an ActiveX control, and my client is using IE 5.5, which isn't working as a proper inplace container for Word.

Veronika Irvine <Veronika_Irvine@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   You are trying to create an ActiveX control therefore you should use
   OleControlSite. OleClientSite is only for OLE Documents - an ActiveX
   control supports different COM interfaces than an Ole Document..

   See:

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-ActiveX%20Support%20in%20SWT/ActiveX%20Support%20in%20SWT.html

   "Devon Berry"
   07/22/2004 01:19 PM
   Please respond to
   platform-swt-dev

   platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   cc

   Subject
   [platform-swt-dev] Trouble instantiating ActiveX control under SWT

   Hello,

   I tried asking this question on the mailing list, but due to its
   complexity,
   I think this may be the best place to find an answer...

   I have an open source Office OLE Document container ActiveX control I
   downloaded from Microsoft's website:
   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311765

   I register the control with regsvr32 and it runs nicely under IE and VB.
However, when I try to instantiate the control under SWT using its program

ID, "DSOFramer.FramerControl", the constructor throws an exception: Failed

to create Ole Client. result = -2147467262 (No Such Interface Supported).
   Stepping through the debugger, I see its the COM.OleCreate native call
   that
   is failing, returning this result.

As a side note, I have not built and installed the type library (tlb) for
   this control, as I do not have a Visual C++ install handy. The ocx is
   serving as its own type libarary, according to OleViewer.

   I tried downloading the SWT source code to look through the native code,
   but
   I really am not a COM expert, and on top of that I am crippled without
   VC++
   . Any ideas?

   Devon

Back to the top