RE: [platform-swt-dev] NS_InitEmbedding error when embedding a Browser

Hi Chris,

> Haven't seen your post on the SWT newsgroup - when was it posted?
I posted it on 09/08/2004 the subject of the thread was
"NS_InitEmbedding error when running SWT Browser example" You replied to
it but I had already done what you said :(

> Where did you obtain mozilla-1.6-r1 from? You need Mozilla 1.6 GTK2
such as the one
> available from the Mozilla XFT website indicated in the SWT FAQ:

I've installed several mozilla versions, emerging it or from Mozilla XFT
website. The version I've now installed is Mozilla 1.6 GTK2 downloaded
from http://www.scottbolander.com/mozilla-1.6-xft-gtk2-pc-linux.tar.bz2

This morning I've tried again to install from skratch so I've uninstall
the previous installation, I've uncompressed the file downloaded, I've
set up again the environment variables
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="/usr/lib/mozilla" and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/mozilla"

Where /usr/lib/mozilla is mozilla installation directory. This is the
same I did the other times. But now I get a different error, here it is:

<error>
Exception in thread "main" org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
[Unknown mozilla path]

	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2717)
	at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Browser.java:128)
	at ExtendedPlayer.<init>(ExtendedPlayer.java:20)
	at ExtendedPlayer.main(ExtendedPlayer.java:31)

Exception in thread "main"
</error>

I think I'm becoming crazy xDD What I'm doing wrong?

> What do I need to run the SWT Browser inside Eclipse on Linux GTK or
Linux Motif?

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-hom
e/faq.html#browserlinux

Yes, I've read this several times :-(